The name “Riverview” seems to have been used both for The Abbey when James Knox Polk Pine resided there and for the home and stock farm of James Knox Polk Pine north of the horseshoe formed by the intersection of the River Road and the New Turnpike Road. The house was on the east side of Haughney Road around what is now the Pleasantdale area.

"River View Stock Farm." Residence of J. K. P. Pine, Breeder of Thorough Bred Short Horn Cattle & Trotting Horses. Lansingburgh, N.Y. [Shows home and farm outbuildings, white picket fence in front, train on railroad tracks in background.  Inset images show "View of the Hudson from the House" and "Trotting Stallion American Eathan & Colt" and "Short Horn Cattle".]

Sylvester, Nathaniel B. History of Rensselaer Co., New York: With Illustrations and Biographical Sketches of Its Prominent Men and Pioneers. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Everts & Peck, 1880. Opposite 264.