LARGE HOG.—There is now being fed and fattened at the Wilson House, a pretty tall specimen of the swine species, weighing only 798 pounds!
Lansingburgh Democrat. February 17, 1858: 2 col 4.

☞ Mr. P. [Jesse Patrick] Wilson, of this place has purchased the Empire House on the Albany road, and is about to open the same as a public house. Consequently the Wilson House in this village is “To Let.”
Lansingburgh Democrat. April 29, 1858: 2 col 4.

Detail showing Wilson House and area cropped from
Lionel Pincus and Princess Firyal Map Division, The New York Public Library. “Lansingburgh, [Map bounded by Canal St., Market St., State St.]” The New York Public Library Digital Collections. 1872.

Medical Notice.

the noted Cancer and Humor Doctor, from Shelburne Falls, Mass., would announce to the afflicted of Troy, Lansingburgh and vicinity that he can be consulted at the Wilson House, Lansingburgh, on Tuesday and Friday, Sept. 19th and 20th. Dr. Morton purifies the blood and applies plasters to draw the cancer out. He has permanently cured ten without a failure. Do not delay until your case is incurable. The cankers in cancer cuts night and day like the worm in the tree the sap water away. Then take the worm out when he is nigh. When he is buried in deep the body will die. Dr. Morton drew out a cancer of the face of Mr. Charles Wilson, of Lansingburgh. sep17:1w.
Troy Daily Times. September 29, 1872: 3 col 5.

Mr. J. P. Wilson, of the Wilson House, is making some excellent improvements in relaying and regrading the sidewalk in front of his property.
“Village Improvements.” Lansingburgh Courier. October 20, 1876: 3 col 4.


—Hon. W. A. [William Augustus] Beach is in town, a guest at the Wilson House.
Lansingburgh Courier. February 14, 1879: 3 col 3.

—Hon. W. A. Beach and family of New York are in town for the summer, stopping at the Wilson house.
“About Town.” Lansingburgh State Gazette. July 8, 1882: 3 col 1.

—The death of Jesse P. Wilson, one of the oldest residents of Lansingburgh, occurred this morning at the Hotel Brunswick in that village, of which he was the owner. Mr. Wilson was born in Forest Edward eighty-three years ago. He was the son of a hotel-keeper of that village. Early in life Mr. Wilson went to Albany and for several years he conducted a hotel at No. 29 Hudson street. Afterward he was in the hotel business in New York, conducting a house on College place, nearly opposite the old Central depot. Thirty-five years ago he went to Lansingburgh and established a hostelry on Second avenue, then State street, erecting and carrying on for several years a hotel known as the Wilson house. During recent years Mr. Wilson, by reason of ill-health, was unable to participate actively in every-day affairs and all winter he had been confined to his house by what proved a fatal illness. Mrs. Jennie Beach, Mrs. M. A. Decker of Lansingburgh and Mrs. Donald McDonald of Tacoma, Wash., are daughters of the deceased.
Troy Daily Times. April 2, 1891: 3 col 3.

The Wilson House

Troy, May 13.
Editor Troy Times:
In the article concerning the Wilson house in Lansingburgh the impression is given that is it an ancient building. One look at the building shows that it is modern. On commenting at one time upon the rather peculiar but not at all antique fashion of the inside wood finish, Mr. Wilson thus explained to the writer: “An old house was torn down in New York and I bought the materials cheap and brought them up here on a canalboat and built this house.” The bricks may have been made in Holland, but they don’t look it. The Wilson house was built less than sixty years ago.
“Home Matters; People’s Column.” Troy Times. May 14, 1913: 3 col 4.