The Powers School was at the southeast corner of 111th Street and 4th Avenue. The building still stands, in use for apartments.

—The Powers school house is nearing completion, and it is intended to have it ready for occupancy when the other schools open, Sept. 9.
“Notes About Town.” Lansingburgh Courier. August 24, 1889: 3 col 2.

School Districts.

The village has been divided into school districts by the Board of Education, and in the future all pupils except those in the ninth and tenth grades, residing south of Sixth street, will attend the Fourth ward school; primary pupils between Sixth and Tenth streets will attend the Diamond street school, intermediate pupils between Sixth and Fourteenth streets and primary pupils between Tenth and Fourteenth streets will attend the Power’s school, all intermediate and primary pupils between Fourteenth and Nineteenth streets will attend the Market street school pupils north of Nineteenth street, excepting those in the tenth grade, will attend the Whipple school, ninth and tenth grade pupils, south of Eighteenth street and eighth grade pupils from Sixth to Eighteenth street will attend the Power’s schools.
Lansingburgh Courier. September 7, 1889: 3 col 3. [Add One Hundred to each street name]

—The new iron fence is nearly finished around the Powers school house.
“Notes About Town.” Lansingburgh Courier. September 28, 1889: 3 col 1.

Powers PTA Welcomes New Members
Parents of children attending the new Powers Annex were welcomed Monday night at the first fall meeting of the Powers Parent-Teachers Association at Powers School.
The Annex, formerly Lansingburgh Academy, was pressed into service this year to relieve overcrowding in the Lansingburgh elementary school system. Mrs. Arnold Ott, association president, welcomed the parents.
Troy Record. September 24, 1953: 19 col 3.

Powers School
432-438 Fourth Avenue
Like other late-nineteenth century Lansingburgh schools, the Powers School was named for important industrialists of the village. The Powers family owned the largest oil cloth factory in Lansingburgh and made generous contributions to the community including Powers Park and the Powers Home for Aged Ladies. Constructed in 1888-89, the school was designed by architect Edward W. Loth of Troy and contained twelve classrooms. Contracts for the construction of the building were awarded to the following firms: masonry, Darrow & Gallagher; carpentry, Witze & Co.; painting, Charles D. Clark; and plumbing, Milligan & Schermerhorn. In January, 1908, the school was severely damaged by fire. Repairs were carried out quickly, and the school was reopened the following November. The Powers School is still in use as an elementary school.
Waite, John G. The Architecture of Lansingburgh, New York. Lansingburgh, NY: Lansingburgh Historical Society, 1976