Weir’s Course, or Troy Pleasure Course, seems to have occupied the same land used for the Rensselaer County Agricultural Society Fairgrounds in Batestown north of Glen Avenue, east of River Street. The Victory Grounds were adjacent. The course took its name from John A. Weir, the proprietor of the Bull’s Head Tavern also known as the North Troy Hotel.

☞ NEW RACE COURSE.—Several gentlemen of this city have procured a plot of ground north of the Bull’s Head Tavern in Batestown, between the Lansingburgh Road and Railroad track, and are having it laid out in a proper manner for a race-course. It will be just half a mile around.
Troy Daily Whig. May 19, 1858: 3 col 3.

☞ TROTTING.—M. L. Blanchard’s “Nancy Dawson,” and Mr. Hotchkiss’ “Brink,” of Albany,—livery horses,—had a trial of speed over Weir’s Pleasure Course on Saturday,—Nancy being the winner. Time 3.07, 3.00, 2.57, 3.00, 3.00.
Troy Daily Times. September 13, 1858: 3 col 4.

Troy Pleasure Course,

completed, and will be opened by the subscriber Monday the 7th. Persons wishing Season Tickets can procure them at the North Troy Hotel of
je7-tf JOHN A. WEIR, Proprietor.
Troy Daily Times. February 12, 1859: 3 col 7.

Re-opening the Bull’s Head Trotting Course.

Parties are negotiating for the purchase or lease of the land embraced in the old Bull’s Head trotting course, about half a mile north of the Manor house on the Albany road. The track can be made as good as it was originally at very little expense, the grading not having been disturbed. The Bull’s Head Hotel will be completely renovated or a new one built.
Troy Daily Times. January 23, 1874: 3 col 4.